So you’re thinking about getting a new bong and want it to be your new favorite. You look through an awesome catalog of straight tubes, beakers, percolators, bubblers, and then you see it — Illadelph. Right away, you can spot the quality differences compared to the more affordable pieces you’ve been looking at. The glass is thick, the joints are solid, and you find yourself asking, should I buy an Illadelph bong?
Here’s everything you need to know about Illadelph bongs, what makes them so good, and why their brand has gained a reputation for being one of the best bongs around.
Getting to know the Illadelph brand
Illadelph first opened its doors back in 2002 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. This is where their headquarters are, but the Illadelph brand is known worldwide. The brand is built on American-made quality, with all its pieces crafted by some of the most experienced glassblowers in the country.
They use high-quality borosilicate glass, also used by fine restaurants, wineries, and lab settings. Illadelph stands by their quality and craftsmanship so much that they guarantee all of their bongs will work to the highest standards and back that up with a warranty. Unfortunately, the warranty doesn’t cover accidental breaks and falls.
Illadelph is also known for its many game-changing innovations in the wonderful world of bongs.
Here is a list of things you can thank Illadelph for:
- Coil condenser
- Disc percolators
- Up stem ash catchers
- Pyramid percolators
- Hot hit bowl designs
- Heating wands
- Multi-hole bowl designs
What makes Illadelph glass so good?
One of the things that make Illadelph so good is the quality craftsmanship that goes into every bong. The people who say a bong is a bong and that it would be a waste of money to buy from a premium brand have never hit a bong worth mentioning. Let me be the first to tell you that there is an obvious difference compared to your more affordable pieces at your local headshop.
All of the joints are expertly sealed and are seamless in their design. This not only makes Illadelph bongs far more durable than other brands, but it also gives you a better hit. They’re easier to fill and clear, the expertly crafted percolators make each hit smoother, and just the feeling of Illadelph bongs in your hands brings to mind quality.
Another thing that makes Illadelph bongs so good is the artistic decisions and executions that always make the piece stand out in a room, even in a room filled with other bongs. The designs always flow, using colors that go together and patterns that make sense.
How do you know if your Illadelph bong is legit?
To the untrained eye, it’s hard to tell the difference between a bargain bong and a premium one. For this reason, a lot of dishonest retailers have resorted to selling counterfeits. But if you know what to look for, you’ll be able to instantly tell if the Illadelph bong you’re looking for is legit.
Illadelph understands the incentive of store owners and glassblowers to counterfeit their brand to sell pieces at a much higher price. But counterfeits are harmful to the Illadelph brand because of their inferior quality and poor craftsmanship, so they offer a lot of resources in helping you determine if your bong is fake.
One resource they offer is listing known locations all over the country that are known to have sold or are continuing to sell fakes. If you find your store on this list, under no circumstance should you buy a supposed Illadelph bong from there?
Five more ways to tell if your Illadelph is real
1. Weight: Illadelph also uses borosilicate glass, which is typically heavier than the cheaper glass used by mass-producing manufacturers. Your bong should have some extra weight to it compared to the more affordable pieces you may be familiar with.
2. QR hologram: Every piece should come with a scannable hologram and contains the details of the bong you’re buying. Without a QR code, Illadelph cannot verify the authenticity of the bong. These holograms are incredibly difficult to fake and are a convenient way to check your piece’s authenticity.
3. Custom foam cutouts: Your box should also have foam cutouts specifically shaped for the piece you’re purchasing. Illadelph customizes their protective foam cutouts for every bong, pipe, and attachment they sell. They also come with plastic clips that contain the Illadelph branding.
4. Label quality: The label is always high quality, meaning that if you find any chips or flaking pieces in your label, you are likely dealing with a fake. It would help if you also stayed away from any slightly distorted or out of print labels because Illadelph ensures the highest degree of quality control and leaves no room for defective labels.
5. Packaging quality: Another area that counterfeiters usually look over is the quality of the box. A real Illadelph uses quality cardboard that has some strength to it — it shouldn’t be flimsy. The design on the box should also be clear of any imperfections and distortions.
Where can you find an authentic Illadelph for sale?
The easiest way to make sure you’re getting real Illadelph glass is to buy from a trusted source. Smokerzland is a trusted source for finding real Illadelph bongs for sale, so you can take the stress out of buying your new favorite bong. The last thing you want to do is purchase second-hand from eBay or Craigslist.
If you’re worried about working with the Illadelph prices, you can also find 2nd quality pieces at more affordable prices. These pieces are clearly marked and mean that there is some aesthetic flaw in the design. They are still guaranteed the same functionality they were meant to have but aren’t up to the high aesthetic standards of visual appeal or even artistic ingenuity.
Don’t let Illadelph prices stop you from buying a quality bong because they’re worth every penny. Just make sure every penny of that premium price tag is going towards the real deal, not some cheaply made counterfeit from a source you don’t trust.
Should you buy an Illadelph bong?
Yes. If you have the money for premium quality glass, then you should buy it. The quality of your smoking sessions will greatly improve, and with its increased durability, you’ll have it around for several years.
Since you’ll have it around for so long, you should also make sure the one you’re getting is exactly what you want. Luckily, Illadelph makes a variety of bongs. So whether you’re looking for something like a classic beaker or new school bong with the latest percolators and water filtration systems, Illadelph makes it and makes it well.
It’s not worth buying cheaply made bongs in the long run because they break much easier, don’t provide as smooth a hit, and are never as pretty as the real thing. So if you want to take your smoking game to the next level, you have to buy quality every time.
This Post Has One Comment
Pingback: Is Tsunami Glass A Good Brand? – anyanswer.co